This course aims to develop students understanding of the basic concepts and tools of project management so that they can handle projects.
- Introduction: Concept and types of Project, Relation between Plan, Program and Project, Project Cycle, Project Management.
- Project planning: Concept of Project Formulation, Project Planning Process, Feasibility study and Proposal Writing
- Project Appraisal: Concept and aspects of Project Appraisal – market, technical, economic, financial, environmental, organizational, Appraisal Technique: Concept of Discounting and Non Discounting Technique
- Project Implementation: Concept of Project Implementation, types of project organization structure, Project Scheduling : Gantt Chart, Network Techniques – PERT, CPM
- Project monitoring and Evaluation: Monitoring and evaluation adopted by NPC Nepal, Project Management Information System (PMIS): Concept and Process, Case study preparation
Agrawal, Govind Ram (2014). Project Management. Kathmandu:M.K. publishers and Distributor.
Chandan, Prasanna (1999). Projects: Planning Analysis Selection Implementation and Review. New Delhi: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited.
Chaudhary, S. (2001). Project management. New Delhi: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing company Limited.
Joy, P.K. (1999). Total Project Management: The Indian Context. Delhi: Machmilin India Limited.
Karki , Rajendra (2063). Project management. Kathmandu: M.K. publishers and Distributors.
Kerzner, Harold (2004). Project management:A Systems Approach to planning Scheduling and Controlling.
Little, IMD and Mirrless, J.A. (1974). Project Appraisal and Planning for Developing Countries . New Delhi: Oxford and IBH Publishers company.
Meredith, Jack/Mantel, Samuel J. (1989). Project Management. New York: John Wiley and son. Inc.
Rijal, Puskar Raj (2059). Essential of Project appraisal and Management. Kathmandu: Kastamandap Academic Enterprise.
Sharma, Bhakti P. (2006). Project management: Planning , Analysis and Control. Kathmandu: Ekta Books.