The purpose of this course is to impart the concept, knowledge of macroeconomics. After completion of this course, students will be able to know the components of macroeconomics as well.
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Concept and Scope of macroeconomics
- Importance and uses of macroeconomics
- Issues of macroeconomics
- National Income Accounting
- Concept of National Income
- Measurement Approaches: Expenditure Method, Income Method, Product Method
- Difficulties in Measurement of National Income
- Importance and Use of National Income
- Components of Macroeconomics
- Concept of consumption function (Average and Marginal Propensity to Consume, Psychological Law of Consumption, Determinants of Consumption Function)
- Concept of saving (Paradox of Thrift, Determinants of saving)
- Concept of investment (Marginal Efficiency of Capital, Determinants of Investment)
- Concept of Multiplier (Leakages of Multiplier, Importance of Multiplier)
- Concept of Employment (Classical Theory of Employment, Keynesian Theory of Employment)
- Theories of Inflation and Trade Cycle
- Concept of Inflation and Deflation and Factors Influencing Inflation
- Computation of Rate of Inflation
- Effects and Control of Inflation
- Concepts of Trade Cycle
- Phases of Trade Cycle
- Economic Stabilization Policy
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Concept of Monetary Policy
- Objectives and Instruments of Monetary Policy
- Demand and Supply of Money
- Concept of Fiscal Policy
- Objectives and Instruments of Fiscal Policy
- Significance of Fiscal Policy in Developing Countries
- Abel, Andrew B., Bernanke, Bens & Croushore D. (2014). Macro Economics.New Delhi: Dorling Kindersley Pvt Ltd.
- Chriystal, Lipsey (2011). Economics.U.K. Oxford University Press.
- Paudyal, Kabita et. al. (2016), Macroeconomics, Kathmandu: Sopan Publication.
- Dahal, Madhav P., Kafle, Snehalata, Lamsal, Mani R., Khadka, Ramesh, Adhikari, Gyanendra, Pokhrel, Binod/Poudyal, Trilochan (2015). Microeconomics.Kathmandu: Buddha Publications.
- Dahal, Madhav P., Kafle, Snehalata, Mani R. Lamsal, Khadka, Ramesh, Adhikari, Gyanendra, Pokhrel, Binod, Poudyal, Trilochan (2015). Macroeconomics. Kathmandu: Buddha Publications.
- Dewett,K.K., Verma, J.D. (2010). Elementary Economic Theory. New Delhi: S. Chand and Company Ltd.
- Jhingan, M.L. (2013). Macro-economic Theory. Delhi: Vrinda Publication (P.) Ltd.
- Lekhi, R.K./Singh, Joginder (2014). The Economics Development and Planning. New Delhi: Kalyani Publishers.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory (2014). Principles of Micro economics. India: Cengage learning.
- Mier, Gerald M. (1984). Leading Issues in Economic Development. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Reejal, Pushkar Raj (1996). The Principles and Techniques of Development Planning. Kathmandu: Indira Reejal.
- Ruffin, Roy J., Gergory Paul R. (1983). Principles of Macro economics. Dallas: Scott, Foresman and Company.
- Shrestha, Rajendra Gopal, Adhikari, Gyan Mani (2010). Microeconomics: Text and Cases.Kathmandu: Asia Publications.
- Shrestha, Rajendra Gopal, Adhikari, Gyan Mani (2014). Macroeconomics. Kathmandu: Sundevi Prenting Service.