The objective of this course is to introduce students the basic concept and principles of public policy that will enable them to understand policy making issues and it relevance in the contemporary society.
- Introduction to Public Policy
- Context of public policy
- Concepts of public policy and policy analysis
- Nature of public policy
- Types of public policy
- Scope of public policy
- Significance of studying public policy
- Theories of Policy Making
- The Policy Making Process
- Components of the policy making process
- Problems and Issues
- Policy agenda
- Actors & Institutions
- Factors influencing policy making process
- Concept of Policy cycle
- Policy Implementation
- Elements of implementation
- Approaches to policy implementation
- Top-down model
- Bottom-up model
- Conditions for effective implementation
- Policy Monitoring and Evaluation
- Concept of policy monitoring and policy evaluation
- Functions of evaluation
- Criteria of policy evaluation
- Problems of policy evaluation
- Adhikari, Dhruba (2061). Public Policy Analysis. Kathmandu: Pairabi Prakashan. (In Nepali)
- Anderson, James E. (2010). Public Policy Making: An Introduction. UK: Wadsworth Cengage Learning
- Cochran, Charless L & Malone, Eloise F. (2007). Public Policy: Perspectives and Choices. New Delhi: Viva Books Private Limited.
- Devkota, Satish, Chandra (2060). Public Policy Analysis. Kathmandu: Ratna Pustak Bhandar.
- Farohock, Fread M. (1979). Public Policy: Scope and Logic. New Jersey: Prentce –Hall INC Englewood cliffs.
- Hill, Michael & Hupe, Peters (2006). Implementing Public Policy: Governance in Theory and Practice. New Delhi: Sage Publications.
- Howlett, Michael, M Ramesh (2003). Studying Public Policy: Policy Cycles and Policy Sub Systems. New York: Oxford University.
- Joshi, Shyam (2062). Economic Policy Analysis. Kathmandu: Taleju Prakashan.
- King, Gary, Keohane, Robert O & Verba, Sidney (1994). Designing Social Inquiry. Research. New Jersey: Princeton University press.
- Layder, Derek (2005). Sociological Practice: Linking Theory and Social Research. New Delhi: Sage Publications.
- Pandey, Yubraj (2069.) Public Policy Formulation, Implementation Monitoring Evaluation and Analysis of Public Policy. Kathmandu: Vidhyarthi Pustak Bhandar.
- Paul, Devik (1995). Public Policy Formulation and Implementation in India. Delhi: Devika Publications.
- Rana, Rajib Bikram (2014). Aspects of Public Policy. Kathmandu: Kantipur College of Public Management.
- Reejal Pushkar Raj (2003). Fundamental of Public Policy Analysis. Kathmandu: Pairabi Prakashan.
- Sahni, Pradeep (1987). Public Policy: Conceptual Dimension. India: Kitab Mahal.
- Sapru, R.K. (2014). Public Policy: Formulation, Implementation and Evaluation. New Delhi: Sterling Publishing Private Limited.
- Sapru, R.K. (2011). Public Policy: Art and Craft of Policy Analysis. New Delhi: PHI Learning Private Limited.
- Saxena, Pradeep K. (Ed) (1993). Comparative Public Policy. Delhi: Rawat Publications