The objective of this course is to impart the knowledge of security and its management. Students will be able to understand the dynamics of security management.
- Introduction: Security Management, Concept and nature
- Issues in Security Management: Security threats: Insurgency, terrorism, Demonstration, Theft, Burglary, cyber crime, human trafficking
- Institutional Arrangements for Security Management: Institutional arrangements for security management and their functions: national security council, implementing agencies (such as Ministry of Home, Ministry of Defense, Nepal Army, Nepal Police, Nepal Armed Police Force, National Investigation Bureau, and Private Security agencies)
- Security and Development: Concept and its importance, community policing
- Contemporary Issues in Security Management: Security Policy strategies and contemporary issues in Nepal
- Allen Collins (2003). Security in South East Asia, Domestic, Regional, and Global Issues. New Delhi.
- BM Ponnappa (2004). Information Security and Technology, New Delhi: Manas Publications, 2004
- Darshan Khular (2000). Security Peace and Honor, Manas Publications, New Delhi, 2000
- Prem Singh Basnet (2004). New Paradigm in Global Security: Civil Military Relation in Nepal, Nepal-Bhrikuti Academic Publications.