This course intends to know students about new issues in public affairs management at present.
- Reforms in Public Sector: Background of Public Sector activities, Failure of Traditional Public Sector, Principal Agent Theory, Public Choice Theory, Institutional Theory
- Public Sector: Management by Objective, Management by Result, Corruptions in Public Sector, Problems and challenge in Public Sector, Solution of Problems and challenge in the Public Sector
- Public Sector Management: Office Management, Complain Management, Public hearing, Mobile Service, Citizen Charter
- New Public Management: Concept, Characteristics, Need, Strength and weaknesses; Application of New Public Management
- Marketing of Public Sector: Liberalization, Globalization and Privatization, Public Privatization partnership, Effective Service Delivery, Total Quality management, Constraints of Marketing Public Services
- Bangural, Y. and George A.L. (2007). Public Sector Reform in Developing Countries. Palgrave Macmilan.
- Brendan, C.N. (2001). Public Sector Reform: An International Perspective. Palgrave Macmillan.