The course intends to focus on the legal problems associated with regulation by administrative agencies. The course includes discussion of the legislative authority requisite to agency action.
- Concept and sources of administrative Law
- Principles of administrative law
- Constitutional aspects of administrative law : Separation of Powers and The Rule of Law
- Institutions and Functions of Government
- Types of institutions: Executive, Legislative and Judicial
- Differences between Administrative, Legislative and Judicial Functions.
- Law Making
- Concept of Legislation and Delegated Legislation
- Delegated legislation and its control
- Grievance Handling
- Concept of Ombudsman and Maladministration
- Role and Functions of National Vigilance Center (NVC)
- Role and Functions of Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA) in Nepal
- Administrative Tribunals
- Judicial Review and Writs
- Concept and importance of judicial review,
- Types and functions of writs: Certiorari, Mandamus, Quo-Warranto, Prohibition, Habeas corpus
- Khanal, Shambhu Prasad (2066). Administrative Law. Kathmandu: Prashanti Prakashan.
- Pandey Keshav Raj (2058). Administrative Law. Kathmandu: Niirmal Gurung (In Nepali).
- Devkota, Khim Lal (2059). Administrative Law. Kathmandu: Pairawai Prakadhan (In Nepali).
- Wade, H.W.R. & Forsyth, C.F. (1995). Administrative Law. NewYork: Claarendon Press Oxford
- Wade, H.W.R. & Forsyth, C.F. (2005). Administrative Law. New Delhi: oxford University Press.