The objectives of this course is to aware of the students about the paradigm shift in the policy of the government to act in partnership or in a collaborative way so that the services delivered to the people become reliable, satisfactory and trust worthy in quality and quantity.
- Introduction: Concept and meaning of public service delivery, pattern of service delivery, Sectoral engagement in public service delivery.
- Forms of service delivery, procedures of service delivery, technology used in service delivery, RTI and Public service delivery
- Approaches in public service delivery, organizations, planning and control for public service delivery, transparency in public service delivery
- Networking in public service delivery, interrelationship between citizen and governments in service delivery, integrity in service delivery
- Issues in public service delivery- quality vs quantity, service standard, benchmarking, participation and accountability
Egarman, John (2007). Service Delivery: A Challenge for Local Governments. VNG: The Netherlands;(approaches)
Gargan, John J. (Ed) (1997). A Handbook of Local Government and Administration. Hong Kong: Marcel Dekker Inc.
Henry, Nicholas (2007). Public Administration and Public Affairs. New Delhi: Prentice Hall
Holzer, Marc and Richard W. Schweitzer (2011). Public Administration: An Introduction. Delhi: PHI Learning