The objective of this course is to impart the knowledge and skills to administrative reform so that student will be acquainted to adopt the administrative reform policies.
- Introduction: concept of administrative reform, necessity of administrative reform, administrative issues and reform, development and administrative reform, capability building and administrative reform
- Administrative reform in historical perspective: Reform during Rana rule, reform in democratic era, reform during Panchayat period, reform after 1990 and onward
- Administrative Reform and institution building, administrative reform and change in civil service, decentralization and administrative reform
- Implementation of administrative reform and its implications on structure and functions of the government, Administrative reform and technology, fiscal implication of administrative reform.
- Administrative Reform and the role of the government Agencies, Issues and challenges of administrative reform in general and particularly in Nepal
Agrawal, Hem Narayan (1976). The administrative System of Nepal from Tradition to Modernity. New Delhi: Vikash Publlishing House Pvt. Ltd.
Baiday, Tulasi Ram & Manandhar, Triratna (2053). Aadhunik Nepal ko Prashasanik Itihas (1768-1951). Kathmandu: Nepal Asiali Anusandhan Kendra.
Bhatta, Bhimdev (2071). Nepal ko Prashasanik Itihas. Kathmandu: Sopan Mashik.
Bhattrai, Ghanashyam (2064). Nepal ko Sthaniya Prashasan ko Itihas (1768-1951AD.). Delhi: Adiroit Publishers.
Poudyal, Madhab (1989). Administrative Reforms in Nepal. New Delhi: National Book Organization.
Shrestha, Tulsi Narayan (2005). Nepalese Administration A Historical Perspective. Kathmandu: Ratna Pustak Bhandar.