The purpose of this course is to acquaint with the students about the application of the concept of total quality management in organizations.
- Fundamentals of TQM: Concept, Basic elements, Major approaches, Difference between traditional management and Total Quality Management, TQM System, Benefits of TQM
- TQM Processes: Concept and Significance of Process reform, Quality Process, Continuous Reform, Strategies for Total Reform, Crises management against Reform
- Quality and Quality Circle (QC): Concept of Quality, Quality Dimensions, Concept of Quality circle, Characteristics of Quality Circle, Scope and Objectives of QC
- Leadership in TQM: Role of Leadership in TQM, Attributes of TQM leadership, organization Culture and behavior, Norms for employees
- Continuous Improvement and Quality in Public Service: Concept of Kaizen, Characteristics of Kaizen, Kaizen cycle, implementation of TQM in Public Sector
Bagada, S.D. (2008). Total Quality Management. Delhi: Himalayan Publishing House.
Bank, John (2000). Total Quality management. India: Pearson Education Ltd.
Dhakal, Bimal (2066). Total Quality Management. Kathmandu: Airabati Prakashan.