This course aims to provide knowledge to students on the basic concept of employer-employee relations with a view to develop their skills in effective management of work environment.
- Employer-Employee relations: concept and dynamics, Theoretical perspectives.
- Trade unions: introduction, Trade Union in Nepal. Employer’s associations and employment relations. Role of government in employment relations.
- Labor policy and legislation: Major feature of labor policy in Nepal, Labor legislation and administration in Nepal.
- Dispute settlement mechanisms and collective bargaining: Concept, nature and level of bargaining; the legal framework of collective bargaining in Nepal. Workers participation, forms and methods of participation. Workers participation in Nepal
- Labor welfare programs and social security, ILO and Nepal.
International Labor Organization, Labor administration: A profile on Nepal. Kathmandu: The Office of the ILO Advisor
Prem R. Pant and Narayan Manandhar (Eds) (1998). Industrial relations in Nepal, Kathmandu: FNF & IRF
Pramod Vema, Management of Industrial Relation, New Delhi: Oxford and IBH publishing co.
JI Husband, Labor Administration. New Delhi: Oxford and IBH Publishing co.