The objective of this course is to provide the students with basic knowledge of different aspects of political system, political phenomena and politics of India, China and Nepal.
- Comparative politics
- Meaning, nature and scope of politics
- Challenges of State and State-building
- Comparative Political System
- Structures and Functions
- Political Socialization
- Political culture
- Functional aspects of a political system
- Comparison of political system
- Interest Articulation
- Interest articulation structures/ interest groups, channels & means of interest articulation
- Interest aggregation and political parties
- The capabilities of a political system
- Politics in Foreign Countries
- Comparison of Politics between India and China
- Political Development and governance in Nepal
- Phases of political and constitutional development since 1768 A.D.
- Challenges and opportunities of democracy and governance
- Political Parties and Pressure Groups- their nature and roles
- State structure – central, sub-national and local
- Local self-government, their roles and functions
- NGOs and INGOs in Nepal
- Almond, G.A & Powell, G.B., Storm, K & Dalton, R.J. (2001). Comparative Politics Today: A World View (7th Ed.). Delhi: Pearson Education Asia.
- Almond, G.A. & Powell, G.B. (1972). Comparative politics: A developmental approach, New Delhi: Oxford & IBH Publishing Co.
- Cheema, G. Shabbir (2005). Building Democratic Institutions: Governance Reforms in Developjing Countries. USA: Kumarian Press, Inc.
- Gyanwali, Ram Prasad (2012). Know Nepal, Kathmandu: Bhundipuran Prakashan
- Joshi, Bhuvan Lal and Leo E. Rose (1996). Democratic Innovation in Nepal, Burkeley: University of California Press.
- Pokharel, Krishna (2068 B.S.). Major Parliamentary and Nonparliamentary Political Systems. Kathmandu: M.K. Publishers and Distributors
- Pokharel, Krishna (2069 B. S.) State, Public Administration and Public Affairs. Kathmandu: M.K. Publishers and Distributors.
- Ray, S.N. (1999). Modern Comparative Politics: Delhi: Prentice-Hall of India
- Regmi, D. R. (1975). Modern Nepal (Vol. 1). Calcutta: K.L. Mukhopadhyay.
- Shah, Rishikesh (1990). Modern Nepal: A Political History 1769-1955 (Vol I. 1) New Delhi: Manohar Publications.
- Sharma, Devi Prasad (2047 B.S.). Adhunik Nepalko Itihas, Kathmandu: Ratna Pustak Bhandar.
- Shrestha, Tulsi Narayan (1996). The Concepts of Local Government and Decentralization. Kathmandu: Ratna Pustak Bhandar.