The course objective is to provide the better understanding of development planning theory and Nepalese Economy.
- Development Planning
- Concept of Development and Growth
- Concept of Development Planning
- Types of Planning
- Importance of development planning in developing countries
- Nepalese Economy and development plan
- Structure and corporate of Nepalese Economy-Agriculture and non-agriculture
- Sources of Resources – Natural, human, physical, financial, social capital resources
- Planning in Nepal
- Overview and characteristics of National Planning in Nepal
- Economic Policies, Program and Progress
- National Plan Formulation Process
- Role of Planning Institutions
- Human Development in Nepal
- Concept of Human Development
- Human Development Status of Nepal
- Poverty and its status in Nepal
- Causes and effect of poverty in Nepal
- Concept of Foreign Trade and Commerce
- Trade policy
- Growth and composition of foreign trade in Nepal and its issues and constraints
- Gupta, D. B., Halan, Y.C. & Desi, P.B. (1982). Development Planning and Policy. New Delhi: Wiley Eastern Limited.
- Jhirgan, M.H. (2007). The Economics of Development and Planning. New Delhi: Vrinda Publications.
- Lekkhi, R.K & Singh, Johinder (2014). The Economics of Development and Planning. New Delhi: Kalyani Publishers.
- Sharma, Neelam kumar (2062). Economics of Development and Planning. Kathmandu: Pairawi Prakashan.
- Shrestha, B.P. (1974). An Introduction to Nepalese Economic. Kathmandu: Ratna Pustak Bhandar.