This course aims to ensure students to learn about the planning and its importance at local level, its strategies, processes and its outcomes so that they can assume the responsibility as planner at local level.
- Concept and approaches of local planning; Role and importance of planning at local government level; relations between local plan and national plan
- Roles and responsibilities of local governments; Situation analysis and need assessment stakeholders participation; Resource planning and local plan
- Planning process at local bodies: planning at VDCs and Municipalities and District level planning, participation of different stakeholders in local planning process
- Focus of local planning in Nepal: priority areas of planning, resource planning and priority of planning; plan implementation,
- Monitoring and evaluation, issues and challenges of local planning, field work
Acharya, Balaram (2062). Rural Development: Theories and Approaches. Kathmandu: National Book Center.
Adhikary,Shyam Prasad (2038). Rural Development in Nepal Problems and Prospects. Kathmandu: Lalitpur Sajha Prakashan.
AZIZ Sartaj (1978). Rural Development. London: The Macmillan Press Ltd.
Chambers, Robert (2004). Rural Development :Putting the Last First. Delhi: Pearson Education.
Das, Prabhakar Lal (2054). Sociology of Rural Society. Kathmandu: Rekha Rani Prakashan.
Hada, Gambhir Bahadur (2062). Rural Economics of Nepal. Kathmandu: Dikshanta Pustak Bhandar.
Hada, gambhir Bahadur (2063). Rural Resources, Environment and Management. Kathmandu: Gyankunja Pustak Bhandar.
Singh, Katar (1999). Rural Development: Principles, Policies and Management. New Delhi: Sage Publicatoin.