The intention of this course is to impart particular knowledge and skills required for governing and managing cooperatives. The course consists of origin and development of cooperatives, different forms of cooperatives, issues in cooperative governance and management and recent development in the field of cooperatives.
- Foundation of Cooperatives: Meaning and definition, Characteristics, Objectives, Functions, Significance, Fundamental Principles, Values, Scope and difference with other forms of organizations
- Historical Development of Cooperatives in Selected countries: Development of Cooperatives in United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Denmark, Israel, India, China and Sri Lanka
- Forms of Cooperatives: Consumer’s Co-operatives, saving and Credit Co-operatives, marketing Co-operatives, Agriculture co-operatives, Housing Co-operatives, Industrial Co-operatives and Multi-Purpose Co-operatives
- Evolution and legal framework of Co-operative in Nepal: Traditional cooperatives in Nepal, Modern Co-operatives in Nepal, Types of cooperatives in Nepal, Major features of cooperative Acts, rules and regulations in Nepal
- Recent Trends in Co-operatives in Nepal: Institutional arrangements of Co-operatives , Emerging Trends and Problems and prospects of Co-operatives in Nepal
Kamat G.S. (2011). New Dimensions of Cooperative Management. New Delhi: Himalaya Publishing House.
Thakuri, Chandra B. (2010). An Anatomy of co-operative Movement in Nepal. Kathmandu: Upkar Prakashan.