The objective of this course is to familiarize the student with environment management so that they can learn to strategies to save environmental degradation and climate change.
- Introduction: Environment and Development: concept, components, Importance of Environment. Sustainable Development: Evolution of Environmentalism, Emergence, concept and Features of Development.
- Environment and Ecology: Ecology: Concept, Types, and Components.
- International and Regional Initiatives for Environmental Management. Environment Impact Assessment and Climate Change: Environmental Impact Assessment: concept, need and importance and practices. Climate change and its adaptation: Its nature, impact, mitigation and adaptation.
- Institutional Arrangement in Nepal: government, NGOs, private sector, local government, and legal instrument.
- Environmental Management in Nepal: Environmental Initiatives in Nepal: Policies, plans and strategies of Government on Environment. Environmental Issues in Nepal: Environmental issues that are facing Nepal and their solutions.
- Dessler, Andrew E. (2015). Introduction to Modern Climate Change.New Delhi: Cambridge University.
- Krishnamoorthy, Bala (2008). Environmental Management Text and Cases. New Delhi: Prentice Hall of India