The course aims to impart the knowledge of social change and nation building. It also helps to better understanding of social change and nation building.
- Concept of Social change
- Factors affecting social change
- Process and theories of social change
- Social institutions and change
- Family and social change
- Marriage and social change
- Education and social change
- Religion and social change
- Polity and social change
- Phenomena of social change
- Social movement and social change
- Collective behavior
- Gender role
- Information technology
- Concept and theories of Nation building
- Concept of nation and state
- Nation building and state-building, capacity building, national identity
- Social harmony, social inclusion
- Peace-building, post-conflict reconstruction
- International politics of ethnicity and nationalism
- Nation building in Nepal
- History, social inclusion and affirmative action, problem of nation building in Nepal
- Gender discrimination, girls trafficking, caste-based untouchability, and exclusion of marginalized communities
- Democratic governance and efforts of restructuring the state
- Abraham M.F. (2006). Contemporary sociology: An introduction to concept and theories. New Delhi: Oxford University Press.
- Adhikari, G.P. (2054 B.S.). An introduction to sociology and anthropology (Text in Nepali). Kathmandu: Ratna Pustak Bhandar.
- Huberman, L. & Sweezy, P.M. (2010). Introduction to socialism: Including the ABC of socialism. New York: Aakar Books.
- Maclver, R.M & Page, C.H. (2011). Society: An introductory analysis. India: Macmillan Publishers.
- Maharjan, P.N. (Ed) (2013). Building peace and building democracy. Kathmandu: Center for Nepal and Asian Studies.
- Poudyal, M. P. (1984). Public Administration and Nation Building in Nepal. Delhi: NBO Publishers’ Distributors
- Shepard, J.M. (1984). Sociology (2nd Ed.). New York: West Publishing Company
- Upreti, B.C. (Ed) (2011). State and democracy in Nepal. Delhi: Kalinga Publications.
- Whelpton, J. (2012). A history of Nepal (2nded.). Delhi: Cambridge University Press.