The aim of this course is to orient the students to rural urban partnership and its roles in minimizing the differentiation between rural and urban development, its strategies and measures to be taken so that the students will be able to understand the changing context of development and also can assume the responsibility as change agents.
- Meaning and concept of rural urban partnership, relationship with development, its importance, importance of complimentary developmental role through partnership.
- Basic theories of rural urban partnership – Core and periphery Model; Gateway Model; Central Place Theory; Growth Pole Model; Regional Development Model.
- Relationship between Town and Hinterland- classification of rural and urban areas; migration and linkage, resource and linkage, technology and product and linkage; Techniques of rural urban linkage and importance of networking in linkage building.
- Rural Urban Linkage and Entrepreneurship Development- Human capital formation and development; Institutional Development for linkages and its forms for partnership for entrepreneurship.
- Rural Urban partnership and Local Governments- Role of Local Governments in rural urban partnership, Tole and Lane organizations for partnership; partnership and poverty reduction
Jnawaly, Damodar (2004). Rural Urban Interaction: A Geographical Perspective, Kathmandu: Students Books Publishers
Bennet, Jenny (2006). Rural Urban Partnership Program in Nepal, Kathmandu: RUPP