The objective of this course is to familiarize students with the principles and procedures of research and to enhance their knowledge to conduct research works in the fields of social sciences.
- Concept of Research
- Nature and Objectives of Research
- Characteristics of Research
- Significance of Research
- Fundamentals of Research
- Concept of research problem and literature review
- Concept of variables
- Concept of measurement
- Research methods: Descriptive, explanatory and exploratory
- Technical aspects of research such as citing reference, bibliography and annex
- Data collection methods in social sciences
- Data and its types: Quantitative, qualitative, chronological and geographical
- Data collection methods
- Schedule: Concept, purpose, type, importance, merits and demerits
- Questionnaire: Concept, purpose, types, importance, merits and demerits
- Interviews: Concept, purpose, types, importance, merits and demerits
- Observation Methods: Concept, purpose, types, importance, merits and demerits
- Sampling Methods
- Concepts, meaning, significance
- Types of sampling
- Proposal and Report Writing
- Concept, function, type, purpose and steps of writing reports
- Steps of writing academic proposal
- Features (qualities) of a good academic proposal
- Features (qualities) of a good academic report
- Acharya, Balaram (2064). Anusandhan Paddhati Tatha Prtibedan Lekhan. Kathmandu: National Book center
- Adhikari, Ganesh Prashad (2003). Social Research for Thesis writing. Kathmandu: Investigation Nepal.
- Baskota, Suman (2061). Research Methodology. Kathmandu: New Hira Books Enterprise.
- Bhanadari,, Dila Ram (2012). Research Methodology. Kathmandu: Dhaulagiri Books and Stationery.
- Creswell, Hohn W. (2009). Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative and Mixed Methods Approches. New Delhi: Sage Publications Pvt. Ltd.
- Joshi, Puspa Raj (2003). Research Methodology. Kathmandu: Buddha Academic Publishers and Distributers Private Ltd.
- Joshi, Puspa Raj (2064). Anusandhan Paddhati. Kathmandu: Buddha Academic publishers and Distributors.
- Kerlinger, Fred.N . (2000). Foundations of Behavioural Research. Delhi:Surjeet Publications.
- Khati, Radhaber D. (2006). Introduction to Research Methods. Kathmandu: Thirdeye Publishers
- Kothari, C.R. (2010). Research Methodology: Methods and Techniques. NewDelhi: New Age International Private Limited.
- Kuhan, Thomas S. (1970). The Structure of Scientific Revolutions. USA: International Encyclopedia of Unified Science.
- Pant, Prem Raj (2016). SocialScience Research and Thesis Writing. Kathmandu: Buddha Publication.
- Sharma Puspa Raj (2064). Research Methodology With SPSS: Useful Thesis, Project Work and Report Writing.
- Sharma, BAV, Prashad, Ravindra & P. Shatyanaryan (1989). Research Methodology. New Delhi: Sterling Publishers Private Limited.
- Young, Pauline V. (1982). Scientific Social Survey and Research. New Delhi: Prentice-Hall of India Private Limited.