The objective of this course is to familiarize students with the administrative system of Nepal from ancient era to date.
- Introduction to administrative system
- Ancient administration of Nepal, Kirata, and Lichchhabi period
- Mediaeval Administration of Nepal: Nepal Mandal, and Karnali Pradesh
- Modern Nepalese Administration (1768-1951), Shah Period, and Rana Period.
- Modernization of Nepalese Administration (1951- onward), Basic Structure and Features, Administrative Reforms, Administrative Culture
Agraawal, Hem Narayan (1976). The administrative System of Nepal from Tradition to Modernity. New Delhi: Vikash Publlishing House Pvt. Ltd.
Baiday, Tulasi Ram/ Manandhar, Triratna (2053). Aadhunik Nepal ko Prashasanik Itihas(1768-1951). Kathmandu: Nepal Asiali Anusandhan Kendra.
Bhatta, Bhimdev (2071). Nepal ko Prashasanik Itihas. Kathmandu: Sopan Mashik.
Bhattrai, Ghanashyam (2064). Nepal ko Sthaniya Prashasan ko Itihas (1768-1951AD.). Delhi: Adiroit Publishers.
Poudyal, Madhab (1989). Administrative Reforms in Nepal. New Delhi: National Book Organization.
Shrestha, Tulsi Narayan (2005). Nepalese Administration A Historical Perspective. Kathmandu: Ratna Pustak Bhandar.