This course aims to impart to the knowledge of tourism management in Nepal. After completion of this course, students will be able to understand the dynamics of tourism industry.
- Introduction: Concepts, features/characteristics and Significance, Evolution of Tourism at National Level and Global Level, Types and forms of tourism, Factors affecting tourism
- Tourism Organizations and Role of different stakeholders: Role and function of international organization and national organizations related to tourism industry
- Tourism Resources and tourism Products in Nepal: Natural Resources, Cultural Resources, Tourism Products, Major tourist destinations
- Policy, Plan and Regulation regarding tourism in Nepal: Tourism policy in Nepal and related rule and regulation, Tourism Act,National Aviation Policy, Nepal Tourism Board Act, Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal Act, Different National regulations relating to Tourism, Policies and priorities regarding tourism under different National (Periodic) plans, Human resource and training
- Impacts of tourism in Nepal: Economic (income and employment generation), socio-cultural and environment, Challenges of tourism/issues, Case study
Satyal, Yajna Raj (2000). Tourism Science in Nepal. New Delhi: Adroit Publishers.